North Carolina Newspaper Media Pieces, 2017 – 2020
- Independent Letter to the Editor, The News & Observer: NC Senators Must Push For Relief Package, October 12, 2020
- Radio and News Interview to North Carolina Public News Service: NC Lawmakers Fail to Bring Relief to Struggling Residents, August 27, 2020
- Independent Letter to the Editor, The News & Observer: A Global Response (6th Letter Down), Published August 21, 2020
- Independent Op-Ed, The Charlotte Observer: High Housing Costs Deny Many a Home: Many locked out by rising housing costs, Published February 24, 2020
- Independent Op-Ed, The News & Observer: High Housing Costs Deny Many a Home: Many locked out by rising housing costs, Published February 24, 2020
- Independent Op-Ed, The News & Observer: We can’t turn from countries that turn to us, Published March 23, 2019
- Independent Letter to the Editor, The News & Observer: Now It’s Up to the Senate to Protect Health Care Coverage, Published May, 2017
- Independent Op-ed, The News & Observer: Seeing the fruits of U.S. aid, fearing the toll of cuts, Published March 15, 2017
On Behalf of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, 2019:
- DHHS Expanding Outpatient Treatment Options at Walter B. Jones Center, Dec. 5, 2019
- North Carolina Provides Crisis Counseling to Over 200,000 People Impacted by Hurricane Florence, Sept. 25, 2019
- Julian F. Keith Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Center Celebrates 50 Years of Recovery, Sept. 23, 2019
- NCDHHS Dedicates New Broughton Hospital Building, Aug. 21, 2019
- NC Receives $1.2 Million in Grants to Fight Opioid Epidemic in Six Rural Communities, July 3, 2019
- The Walter B. Jones Center Celebrates 50 Years of Recovery, Expands Treatment Services, June 21, 2019
- Governor Notes Progress in Fighting Opioid Epidemic; Unveils Opioid Action Plan 2.0, NC Governor Roy Cooper, June 11, 2019
- Governor Notes Progress in Fighting Opioid Epidemic; Unveils Opioid Action Plan 2.0, June 11, 2019
- R.J. Blackley Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Center Now Certified to Initiate Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder, May 10, 2019
- Broughton Hospital to Host Job Fair; Staff Begins Move to New Building, May 9, 2019
- DHHS, DPS Create Treatment Pilot for Inmates with Opioid Use Disorder to Transition after Prison, April 26, 2019
- Governor Cooper Announces $12.2 Million Grant for Crisis Counseling for Hurricane Florence Survivors, NC Governor Roy Cooper, April 12, 2019
- U.S.-Zambia Research Partnership Offers Innovations for Small-Scale Farming, for U.S. Embassy, Oct. 26, 2018
- U.S.-ZAMBIA RESEARCH PARTNERSHIP OFFERS INNOVATIONS FOR SMALL-SCALE FARMING, Oct. 23, 2018
- UNITED STATES COMMITS $600,000 FOR FOOD RELIEF TO SUPPORT REFUGEES IN ZAMBIA, Sept. 5, 2018
- UNITED STATES DELIVERS RENOVATED TUBERCULOSIS WARD AT ZAMBIA’S UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, Aug. 9, 2018 (text and photography)
- U.S. GOVERNMENT AND INTL FCSTONE HOST LANDMARK AFRICAN STRUCTURED TRADE SEMINAR, June 27, 2018
- U.S. SUPPORTS INCREASED TRADE WITH ZAMBIA THROUGH AFRICAN GROWTH AND OPPORTUNITY ACT, June 14, 2018
- U.S. SUPPORTS INCREASED TRADE WITH ZAMBIA THROUGH AFRICAN GROWTH AND OPPORTUNITY ACT, June 14, 2018 (separate photography)
- U.S. JOINS INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY IN SUPPORTING IMPROVED NUTRITION, April 25, 2018
- U.S. Government Supports Symposium for Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health, for U.S. Embassy, April 4, 2018
- ZAMBIA’S MINISTRY OF HEALTH INTEGRATES U.S.-FUNDED ONE-STOP CENTERS INTO FIGHT AGAINST GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE, March 7, 2018 (text and photography)
- U. S. Assists Zambia in Fighting Cholera Outbreak, for U.S. Embassy, Jan. 16, 2018
- U.S.-DONATED TRUCKS HELP DELIVER MEDICINE TO RURAL ZAMBIANS, Nov. 7, 2017 (text and photography)
DHHS Blogs & Newsletter Stories, 2019
- DDS Employee Lawrence Holliday is ‘Wheel of Fortune’ W-I-N-N-E-R, Nov. 22, 2019
- DHHS Supports Students in Recovery from Substance Misuse, Sept. 20, 2019
- Peer Support Specialists Enhance Mental Health, Substance Use Recovery, Sept. 19, 2019
- Individual Placement Support Coalition Celebrates Getting People Back to Work, Aug. 28, 2019
- Secretary Delivered School Supplies to Lenoir County, Aug. 22, 2019
- Wright School Therapy Dogs Provide Comfort, July 30, 2019
- Empowering Latino Parents for Healthier Families, July 25, 2019
- Host Home Program Supports Holistic Health for Durham Youth, July 25, 2019
- 2019 SECC Statewide Kickoff on Aug. 2, July 19, 2019
- Broughton Hospital Again Among Nation’s Most Beautiful Hospitals, July 19, 2019
- Cherry Hospital Celebrates Volunteers, June 25, 2019
- Children’s Mental Health Awareness: Partnerships and Prevention Strategies, May 21, 2019
- Wright School Celebrates Renovations, April 24, 2019
Medium, 2016 – 2017
- Feminism Piece: I Marched for All, with the Women’s March, Published February 6, 2017
- NCGA Piece: All Political Power Comes from the People: Protests against NCGA’s HB17 & SB4 Rush Jobs, Published December 19, 2016
- Feminism Piece: The Wave of a Woman’s Place Standing Up & Leaning In: My Personal Story, Published August 29, 2016
Policy Blog Writing
- Clean Energy NC
- Benefits of the Amazon Wind Farm, July 28, 2016
- Continued Interest in Clean Energy from Conservatives, July 22, 2016
- NC Clean Energy Through University Partnerships, July 18, 2016
SEO & Web Writing, 2015 – 2016
- Zift Solutions Marketing Blog
- Columbia Certified Pest Control
- CORE Remodeling
- South Shore Diamond Exchange – Endless Jewelry designer page
Carolina Communique, A Publication of the Society for Technical Communication Carolina Chapter 2014 – 2016
- This newsletter blog was Introducing the STC Carolina 2016 – 2017 Board. Published August 12, 2016
- This newsletter blog is to promote the 2016 election season for the STC Carolina Chapter: Call to Action! It’s 2016 STC Carolina Chapter Election Season. Published April 21, 2016
- This newsletter blog profiled Larry Kunz, a longtime supporter and volunteer with STC: A Profile of Larry Kunz. Published March 30, 2016.
- This newsletter blog was meant to be a PR promo piece about the joint social between the STC Carolina chapter and Triangle AMA: Upcoming Joint Social with Triangle AMA. Published March 17, 2016.
- This newsletter blog promoted TEKsystems, a regular sponsor of STC Carolina, in Sponsor Spotlight: TEKsystems. Published February 11, 2016.
- This newsletter blog promoted TPS Solutions, Inc. as a sponsor of the STC Carolina chapter: September Sponsor Spotlight: TPS, Inc. Published September 21, 2015
- Technical writers in the Triangle are fortunate to have a good variety of places to meet for discussion, networking, or work sessions. Here are my top five meeting places for tech writers in Raleigh. Published on July 19, 2014.
Triangle Downtowner Magazine, 2011 – 2013
- October 2013 charity feature article, entitled “25th Anniversary of the Thad and Alice Eure Walk for Hope,” published in Triangle Downtowner Magazine. Learn more about the Walk for Hope.
- August 2013 cover story on triangle transportation, entitled “Get on the Bus!,” published in Triangle Downtowner Magazine.
- July 2013 Triangle Dining feature article, entitled “Zydeco Downtown,” published in Triangle Downtowner Magazine. Learn more about Zydeco at their website.
- July 2013 nightlife feature article, entitled “The London Bridge Pub,” published in Triangle Downtowner Magazine. Learn more about The London Bridge pub at their website.
- November 2011 article, entitled “Kids Paint Their Future at ARTHOUSE,” about local children’s art studio published in Raleigh Downtowner Magazine now known as Triangle Downtowner Magazine. Learn more about ARTHOUSE. A copy of the full issue can be found here.
- Design and writing of blog for Models for Charity via WordPress from September 2012 to April 2013
- Content Strategy for Offline Media. Researched and wrote content for Fitness and Wino lists of experiences for the site ensuring content catered to target demographic users, SEO, variety for online readers.
- Design and writing of RESULTS Raleigh website, via WordPress, for local grassroots advocacy organization.
*All content on this page is copyright Lindsay K. Saunders, January 2020.